Our investments in the well being of the communities where we operate are guided by a core set of criteria. Enbridge will consider participation in community programs that are:
- Based in the communities where Enbridge operates.
- Of prime importance to the community.
- Of benefit to the greatest number of people.
- Of long-term significance to the community.
Examples of Qualified/Non-Qualified Organizations
Non-profit organizations established under 501(3)(c) of the tax code usually qualify for Enbridge contributions. Examples include:
- Community-based emergency services.
- Health organizations.
- Post secondary education providers.
- Social service agencies.
- Environmental and safety initiatives.
- Professional and amateur cultural organizations.
Some entities typically will not qualify. Examples include:
- Religious or political organizations.
- K-12 schools.
- Service or fraternal clubs.
- Advocacy and lobbying initiatives.
- Sports or recreational teams, events and/or tournaments.
- Advertising, memberships, ticket sales or lotteries.
- Mass-mailed or non-addressed solicitations.
- Requests from a third-party fundraiser.
- Trips or tours for individuals or groups.
Please note: Qualification does not imply funding. In order to adhere to an approved budget and current commitments, we cannot contribute to all worthy, well qualified organizations.